I eat oatmeal almost every morning, but i’ve been craving oats in another form lately: granola. It’s so easy to make, I don’t know why I don’t more often!
Since I’m really not patient enough to pre-roast any nuts, this recipe just has you combine all ingredients together in a bowl and spread it on a baking sheet. That’s it!
This crunchy and healthy granola is not too sweet and so versatile. It’s also vegan and, of course, naturally sweetened. Loaded with energy-boosting nuts and healthy fat, it has the staying power to keep you full until lunch (or snack time!)
I like mine on top of plain Greek yogurt, or with almond milk and sliced banana. Tag #naturallystephanie on Instagram if you make it!
- 2 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking)
- 1 1/2 cups raw nuts of your choice, roughly chopped (I like cashews, walnuts, and almonds)
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup pepita seeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup (or to taste)
- Preheat oven to 250°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and mix together, ensuring everything’s coated with the wet ingredients.
- Spread granola onto prepared baking sheet and pop in the centre rack of the oven.
- Bake at 250°F for 25-30 minutes or until it’s as crispy as you like it.
- Let cool for half an hour in the pan on a baking rack before transferring to Tupperware or Mason jar to store.
- Enjoy however you prefer!