The perfect meal prep breakfast with the sweetness of fresh, juicy peaches
I wasn’t always a fan of overnight oats – eating cold oatmeal never seemed very appealing to me and even if I soaked them overnight, I’d still heat them up in the microwave in the morning. I’ve *warmed* up to eating them cold lately, though – partly because of summer and partly because of the delicious combination I’ve created.
Peaches are one of my all-time summer favourites, and this blend combines together this seasonal fruit with the protein of chia seeds and creamy coconut whip for the best breakfast – at home or to go.
This recipe is vegan, refined sugar-free, gluten-free and keeps you full until lunch. Make it in just a few minutes the night or two before (or make a double batch on the weekend to meal prep) and have this all ready to go in the morning.
View this post on Instagram
Peaches and cream overnight oats: what 👏🏼a👏🏼combo👏🏼! Especially in the height of peach season 🍑🍑🍑I can't get enough. • RECIPE (makes 2): •1 cup oats •1 1/2 cups almond milk •2 tbsp chia seeds •sprinkle of cinnamon •1 fresh peach, diced •dollop coconut whipped cream (check out @ohsheglows for a great recipe) ➡️combine oats, milk, chia seeds and cinnamon in a bowl or container and let sit in the fridge overnight. Prepare whip. Dice peach and mix into oats in the morning and top with whip! 🙌🏻🍑 • • • #foodie #instafood #feedfeed #healthy #healthyrecipe #vegan #instavegan #oats #protein #overnightoats #loveONTfood #peaches #goodmorning #plantbased #plants #natural #healthyliving #eats #eeeeeats #instahealth #foodblogger #tasty #wholefood #delicious #health #wellness #fresh #realfood #healthy #fruit
Peaches n Cream Overnight Oats (GF, SF, vegan)
Makes two servings
- 1 cup quick oats (use gluten-free if necessary)
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- 1 fresh peach or nectarine
- Dollop of coconut whipped cream (I love Oh She Glows’ recipe)
- In a bowl, mix together oats, milk and chia seeds
- Add salt and cinnamon and combine until the dry ingredients are thoroughly mixed in
- Wash and dice peach and mix into the oats
- Make coconut whipped cream; store in glass container or bowl in fridge
- If meal prepping, portion oats into two containers and let sit in the fridge overnight
- Top with whipped cream in the morning
Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!